Champions League 16 Round Matches: Latest Results and Fixtures
UEFA Champions League returns with the first leg of the knockout round
The UEFA Champions League returned with flair and entertainment like never before. Four games from the first leg of the round of sixteen fixtures have been played so far, and we saw some exciting matchups as two giants in European football, Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain, were up against each other. Also, two-time Champions League Winner Chelsea played German top club Dortmund at Signal Iduna Park.
The other two games had AC Milan against Tottenham and Club Brugge versus Benfica. Keep reading as we recap the aforementioned games as the competition progresses.
What are the 2023 UEFA Champions Latest Results?
The 2023 UEFA Champions League, which is currently in the knockout phase, saw quite the action in the first leg of the first four games already in the round of sixteen. Here’s how the games played out.
AC Milan Vs Tottenham Hotspur (1-0)
- The reigning Italian Champions AC Milan hosted Antonio Conte’s Tottenham at San Siro for the first leg of their round of sixteen encounters. Brahim Diaz’s first-half goal was all that was needed for Milan to secure the home game in this matchup.
- Tottenham has yet to be consistent this season, and they headed into this game off a 4-1 loss to Leicester in the Premier League weekend encounter. However, Spurs received motivation on the touchline in this game as manager Antonio Conte returned to the San Siro sidelines. It was not enough, however, for the North London side, who went behind in the seventh minute as former Manchester City player Diaz headed in despite Spurs goalkeeper Fraser Forster’s best attempts.
- Tottenham Hotspur endured a difficult time playing away from home in San Siro. They will now have to overcome a one-goal deficit when they welcome the black and red outfit at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium.
Paris Saint-Germain Vs Bayern Munich (0-1)
- Paris Saint-Germain played host to Bayern Munich in the first leg of their round of sixteen ties. Bayern Munich did well to take the lead via a Kingsley Coman goal in the second half, which was enough to conclude the game.
- The fact that the French champions began their Champions League opening leg without Kylian Mbappe did not help. Before he entered the contest, PSG hardly had a chance to threaten the opposition’s goal. But after coming on, Mbappe terrorized Bayern Munich’s defense and even had two goals disallowed for offside.
- PSG’s struggles continue, losing two straight games heading into the match against Bayern. This loss against Bayern is now their third straight. Before the Champions League encounter, they were shockingly eliminated from the Coupe de France.
- Paris Saint-Germain now has all to play for in the second leg of this encounter as they face a challenging task at the Allianz Arena stadium in March. Bayern Munich, however, will hope to maintain their advantage as they will be playing at home.
Club Brugge Vs Benfica (0-2)
- This is the only fixture in the first leg of the round of sixteen so far that has seen multiple goals scored. Club Brugge welcomed the Portuguese outfit Benfica at Jan Breydel stadium. Benfica held into the second leg with a two-goal advantage thanks to goals from David Neres And Joao Mario.
- Both Tajon Buchanan and Noa Lang had shots stopped in the game’s first 20 minutes as Brugge, which was playing at home, enjoyed the home crowd’s support. A minute before halftime, Brugge even exerted enough effort to put the ball in Benfica’s net, but it was disallowed for offside.
- Club Brugge heads into the second leg of this fixture two goals down with an arduous task at hand if they will ever get a chance at qualification. Benfica will look to finish things off at home next month.
Borussia Dortmund Vs Chelsea (1-0)
- In another game where the home team dominated, Dortmund got a hard-fought win over the English side at Signal Iduna Park. These two clubs gave their all in an intense game where it was hard to pick out the more dominant team. Dortmund scored their only goal via a counterattack that Karim Adeyemi beautifully finished off.
- Chelsea was gutted not to get on the scoresheet in this game as they were simply unlucky in front of the goal, and if they had been more clinical, it might have been a different tale at the Signal Iduna Park.
- In a game that saw a goal-line clearance by Dortmund’s defense and beautiful attacking football, Chelsea has all to play for in the second leg of this fixture at Stamford Bridge.
Betting on upcoming Champions League matches is even better with a reliable bookmaker. Free Betting Reviews, together with its partner Stake.com, have prepared for you not only the most up-to-date odds but also an exclusive 2 USD reload bonus. Play and win with us!
What are the Upcoming Games? Here are They!
Here are the fixtures for the second half of the first leg of the UEFA Champions League round of sixteen.
Liverpool vs. Real Madrid (21st of February)
In the Champions League match between Liverpool and Real Madrid, the odds for Liverpool to win are 2.33 as the favorites, while Real Madrid is the underdogs at 3.00 odds. The draw was expected to occur by 3.60.
Eintracht Frankfurt vs. Napoli (21st of February)
In the Champions League match between Eintracht Frankfurt and Napoli, the latter are huge favorites in this game as Stake.com fancies them at 2.17 Odds, while Frankfurt is the underdogs at 3.35 odds. The draw was expected to occur by 3.55.
Leipzig vs. Manchester City (22nd of February)
In the Champions League match between Leipzig and Manchester City, City is poised to win the game easily as Stake.com fancies them as the huge favorites at 1.77 Odds, while Leipzig is the underdogs at 4.50 odds. The draw was expected to occur by 3.95.
Inter vs. Porto (22nd of February)
In the Champions League match between Inter and Porto, Italian side Inter Milan is poised to emerge victorious, as Stake.com tips them as the favorite at 1.76 Odds, while Porto is the underdogs at 5.00 odds. The draw was expected to occur by 3.70.
The second half of the Champions League round of sixteen’s most anticipated match is the first fixture on Tuesday, 21st of February which will see two European giants, Liverpool and Real Madrid, face off in a repeat of the 2018 UEFA Champions League final. Follow Free Betting Reviews to stay updated and get the best previews and predictions on all football’s European Competitions.
Latest Football League Results from FBR: 6-12 of March
Yes! We have finally brought you an all-in-one article reviewing recent results of games and happenings in football’s top five…
Don’t Miss the Excitement of Football FA Cup Quarter-Finals
The FA Cup is one of the world's most historic, oldest, and most celebrated soccer tournaments. Eight teams now remain…
Get the Latest Odds on El Clásico: FC Barcelona vs. Real Madrid
One of the greatest rivalries in the history of football, The “El Clasico,” is yet upon us again. The importance…