2023 FIFA U-20 World Cup: Fixtures & predictions
All you need to know about the upcoming 2023 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
Here we are again to witness another set of stars rise to the limelight as the 23rd edition of the Under 20 FIFA World Cup is set to take the stage again. The 2023 FIFA U20 World Cup, which occurs every two years, is an entertaining and eagerly anticipated event as fans and supporters will have the chance to watch the future generation of football players as they demonstrate their skills and abilities on the international stage. The reigning Champions Ukraine, unfortunately, will not be able to defend their title as they failed to qualify for the U-20 World Cup, so we will surely see a new Champion crowned in the 2023 U-20 FIFA World Cup. Stay with us as we reveal everything you need about this tournament and our FBR team predictions.
2023 FIFA U-20 World Cup tournament details
Argentina will play host for the 2023 U-20 FIFA World Cup. The record holder for the most title wins in the competition (6) did not initially qualify for the tournament but gained automatic qualification by becoming the host country after the intended host country, Indonesia, got stripped of the right to host due to some controversy.
2023 FIFA U-20 World Cup groups
Twenty-four countries qualified for the upcoming FIFA U-20 World Cup and have been divided into six groups, with four countries each. The host country Argentina automatically is seeded to pot one and given the top spot in group A. Meanwhile, the other teams were seeded into their pots based on their performances in the previous five FIFA U-20 World Cups.
Group A: Argentina, Uzbekistan, New Zealand, Guatemala
Group B: USA, Ecuador, Fiji, Slovakia
Group C: Senegal, Japan, Israel, Colombia
Group D: Italy, Brazil, Nigeria, Dominican Republic
Group E: Uruguay, Iraq, England, Tunisia
Group F: France, Korea Republic, Gambia, Honduras
2023 FIFA U-20 World Cup venue
The following stadiums will host the competition, which will take place in Argentina from May 20 through June 11, 2023:
- La Plata, Estadio Único Diego Armando Maradona,
- Santiago del Estero, Estadio Único Madre de Ciudades
- Mendoza, Estadio Malvinas Argentinas
- San Juan, Estadio San Juan del Bicentenario
We have great news for you! FBR together with their partner 1win offers the coolest 500% deposit bonus. To take advantage of this deal, you just need to follow a few simple steps: follow the link, register on the 1win website, make your first deposit, and enjoy a 500% bonus. Bet on the best with us!
2023 FIFA World Cup U-20 schedule
This is the official FIFA schedule of all the games set to take place in the group stage:
Saturday, 20 May 2023
- Group A: Argentina Vs Uzbekistan
Guatemala Vs New Zealand
- Group B: United States Vs Ecuador
Fiji Vs Slovakia
Sunday, 21 May 2023
- Group C: Senegal Vs Japan
Israel Vs Colombia
- Group D: Italy Vs Brazil
Nigeria Vs Dominican Republic
Monday, 22 May 2023
- Group E: Uruguay Vs Iraq
England Vs Tunisia
- Group F: France Vs Republic of Korea
Gambia Vs Honduras
Tuesday, 23 May 2023
- Group A: Argentina vs Guatemala
New Zealand Vs Uzbekistan
- Group B: United States Vs Fiji
Slovakia Vs Ecuador
Wednesday, 24 May 2023
- Group C: Senegal Vs Israel
Colombia Vs Japan
- Group D: Italy Vs Nigeria
Dominican Republic Vs Brazil
Thursday, 25 May 2023
- Group E: Uruguay Vs England
Tunisia Vs Iraq
- Group F: France Vs Gambia
Honduras Vs Republic of Korea
Friday, 26 May 2023
- Group A: New Zealand Vs Argentina
Uzbekistan Vs Guatemala
- Group B: Slovakia Vs United States
Ecuador Vs Fiji
Saturday, 27 May 2023
- Group C: Colombia Vs Senegal
Japan Vs Israel
- Group D: Dominican Republic Vs Italy
Brazil Vs Nigeria
Sunday, 28 May 2023
- Group E: Tunisia Vs Uruguay
Iraq Vs England
- Group F: Honduras Vs France
Republic of Korea Vs Gambia
2023 FIFA World Cup U-20 predictions
- Brazil is the favorite to win the 2023 U-20 FIFA World Cup. The five-time U-20 World Cup Champion and current U-20 CONMEBOL Champions Brazil are currently one of the best U-20 teams in the world, and they are looking to take Brazil back to the limelight.
- This golden generation, led by Chelsea-bound Captain Andrey Santos, performed flawlessly in the just concluded CONMEBOL tournament as they went unbeaten throughout the competition. After missing out on back-to-back tournaments, they have also secured Brazil’s qualification for the U-20 World Cup.
- The joint top-scorers in the CONMEBOL tournament, Vitor Roque, will be key to Brazil’s quest to return to their glory days and become joint leaders with Argentina for the most titles.
Prediction: Brazil is the outright winner.
Odds: 4.36 (decimal)
The Unpredictability of this tournament makes it exciting, and with the caliber of teams participating this year, we are sure to be in for a joy ride. Argentina has the advantage of being the host country, but the fact that they did not qualify for the competition on merit makes them less of a contender, which is why the five-time winner Brazil is the team backed to win it all. England and Italy are underdogs that might surprise the tournament, so watch out for them. Our prediction was made after careful analysis by FBR expert sports analysts. For more information on football competitions like this, follow FBR.
FanAdvice – your Private Sports Betting Club
Welcome to FanAdvice, where sports enthusiasm meets strategic insight, creating the ultimate Private Sports Betting Club experience. Are you ready…
Eurocups week: Big preview
Welcome to the Eurocups Week: Big Preview, where the UEFA Club competitions resume for matchday five after an intense international…
Big preview of UEFA Euro 2024 qualifying matches
Football fans across Europe are looking forward to the Euro 2024 qualifiers with excitement and anticipation. As always, these meetings…
Eurocups football week: Big preview on 2nd week of November
As the calendar turns to the second week of November, the European football stage is set for an exhilarating display…