Champions League Final 2023 preview: hottest football weekend
Who emerges as the victor as Manchester City and Inter Milan clash in the 2023 Champions League Final
As the eagerly awaited Champions League Final 2023 draws near, the stage is prepared for the biggest confrontation in European club football. The most prestigious club competition is about to come to an end with a spectacular showdown between two exceptional teams that have overcome countless obstacles to reach this apex in this thrilling finale. English Premier League Champions Manchester City is set to face Italy’s Inter Milan for the 31st edition of the Champions League. The air is thick with excitement and expectation for what will undoubtedly be a hot weekend of sports as football fans worldwide eagerly anticipate this historic match.
Where and when is the Champions League Final?
Match: Manchester City Vs Inter Milan
Final Date: Saturday, June 10, 2023
Time: 22:00 TRT (Turkey Time)
Venue: Atatürk Olympic Stadium, Istanbul, Turkey
How to watch the Champions League Final?
The 2022–23 UEFA Champions League championship game will be televised worldwide. With partners in Europe and worldwide covering territories in Africa, Asia, Latin America, North America, the Middle East, and Oceania, UEFA has made the finals available to watch live on the following channels or streaming platforms.
- Türkiye: EXXEN, TV8
- Africa: SuperSport
- United States of America: CBS, TUDN
- Ukraine: Megogo
- United Kingdom: BT Sport
- France: Canal+, TF1
- Germany: DAZN, ZDF
- Spain: Telefonica, Mediargo, RTVE
- Italy: Mediaset, Sky Italia
- Asia: beIN
- Russia: Матч ТВ
- Kazakhstan: QazSport, Q Sport League
- China: Alibaba, CCTV, IQIYI, MIGU, Tencent
- India and the Indian subcontinent: Sony
- Indonesia: SCTV, Champions TV
2023 UEFA Champions League Final preview
The stage is set for the clash of titans in the 2023 Champions League Final. In desperation for City’s first-ever UEFA Champions League triumph and a treble to cap off a fantastic season, Pep Guardiola’s side is up against an Inter Milan side who will see their club status elevated with a Champions League title. Manchester City is the favorite to win this matchup but will Inter Milan upset the English Champions? Before that, let’s see how these teams booked their spot in the finals.
This is Manchester City’s second Champions League Finals appearance under Pep Guardiola. The Manchester Club has found massive success under the Spanish coach, with the UEFA Champions League being the only major trophy they are yet to win under Guardiola and in the club’s history. Manchester City had a shaky start to the season, and it looked like the PL Winners would not be 3peating until Arsenal started slipping up late in the season to allow City to overtake them at the top of the table. Besides winning the Premier League, Manchester City are just coming off a FA Cup final win over their city rivals Manchester United.
- The Cityzens started the competition in Group G, paired with Sevilla, Dortmund, and Copengham. City remained unbeaten in the group as they won four games, while the remaining two ended in a draw to claim 14 points out of a possible 18, won the group, and headed into the round of 16.
- In the round of 16, Manchester City was drawn to play RB Leipzig. The German team held the Cityzens at home to a 1-1 draw in the first leg, but Pep Guardiola’s side responded promptly in the second leg at the Etihad, where they trashed Leipzig 7-0, arguably the largest win in the Champions League in a single game this season.
- Manchester City faced Guardiola’s last employer before City in the quarter-finals, Bayern Munich. Guardiola again was up against a familiar opponent Thomas Tuchel who only recently took the reigns at Munich. Manchester City was ruthless against Bayern; they won the first leg at home comfortably by three goals to nil. They played out a 1-1 draw at the Allianz Arena in the return leg.
- The Cityzens progressed to the semi-finals to play the serial Champions League winners Real Madrid. The first leg ended in a 1-1 draw at the Santiago Bernabeu. However, it was a different story when the Los Blancos traveled to the Etihad for the second leg as City trashed Real Madrid 4-0 to book their spot in their second UEFA Champions League finals in three years.
Inter Milan eventually emerged as the dark horse of this tournament. No one would have believed they would make it to the finals looking at how their season progressed in the Serie A. The Italian club overcame a slow start to the season to finish third in Serie A and a Coppa Italia trophy. With bare expectations for Simone Inazghi’s team in Europe, the Italian coach also silenced all his doubters by taking Inter Milan to their first UEFA Champions League Finals since 2010, when they won it.
- Inter kicked off their 2022-23 Champions League campaign in Group C, which had Bayern Munich, Barcelona, and Viktoria Plzen. It was an intense battle for qualification, but Inter Milan survived it with three wins, two losses, and a draw to finish second in the group and advance to the round of 16.
- In the round of 16, Inter Milan was up against Portuguese side Porto. Inter won the first leg at home by a goal to nil and held Porto to a goalless draw in Portugal to secure a 1-0 aggregate win and progress to the quarter-finals.
- In the quarter-finals, Inter Milan were up against Liga Portugal Champions Benfica. Inter won 2-0 away from home in the first leg and played out an emphatic 3-3 draw at San Siro in the second leg to qualify for the semi-finals on a 5-3 aggregate.
- Inter was up against their city rivals AC Milan in the semi-finals. They won the first leg and second leg 2-0 and 1-0, respectively, to book their spot in the UCL Final after years of absence on the biggest stage in club football.
Your last chance to place a winning Champions League bet this season. FBR, together with reliable partners, has prepared for you not only high odds for the final, but also a cool bonus. Choose a winner and win with us!
Manchester City Vs Inter Milan expected lineup
- GK: Ederson
- CB: Manuel Akanji
- CB: Ruben Dias
- CB: Kyle Walker
- CDM: Rodri
- CDM: John Stones
- LM: Jack Grealish
- CAM: Ikay Gundogan
- CAM: Kevin De Bruyne
- RM: Bernardo Silva
- ST: Erling Haaland
Manchester City Team News: Kyle Walker (knock) remains doubtful for this game.
- GK: Onana
- CB: Skriniar
- CB: Acerbi
- CB: Bastoni
- RWB: Dumfries
- CM: Barella
- CM: Calhanoglu
- CM: Mhkitaryan
- LWB: Dimarco
- ST: Lautaro
- ST: Dzeko
Inter Milan Team News: Joaquin Correa has been ruled out for the final.
2023 Champions League Final predictions
This is a tough matchup despite Manchester City emerging as the favorite to win it all and complete the treble. However, it’s difficult to rule Inter Milan out completely; they have thrived as underdogs in this competition, and with their center-back Milan Skriniar expected to be back in the lineup for the finals, the performance of City’s star striker Erling Haaland might be massively hindered. Inter Milan is a defensive team, and irrespective of the result, they are bound to put up an impressive defensive performance. This is why we are backing this final to be low scoring.
Pick: Under 2.5 total goals
Odds: 2.08 (decimal), +108 (American).
The 2023 Champions League Final promises to be a weekend of intense football competition with assured drama, especially with the enormous stakes. Football fans worldwide will remember this matchup for the rest of their lives as Manchester City and Inter Milan square off for the most coveted club football trophy. Follow FBR for previews and predictions of upcoming football matches, including the Champions League Finals.
FanAdvice – your Private Sports Betting Club
Welcome to FanAdvice, where sports enthusiasm meets strategic insight, creating the ultimate Private Sports Betting Club experience. Are you ready…
Eurocups week: Big preview
Welcome to the Eurocups Week: Big Preview, where the UEFA Club competitions resume for matchday five after an intense international…
Big preview of UEFA Euro 2024 qualifying matches
Football fans across Europe are looking forward to the Euro 2024 qualifiers with excitement and anticipation. As always, these meetings…
Eurocups football week: Big preview on 2nd week of November
As the calendar turns to the second week of November, the European football stage is set for an exhilarating display…