Champions League qualification 2023/24: 5 teams to advance to the group stage
Battle for Europe: Predicting the Qualifiers for Champions League 2023/24.
Before Champions League football returns to our screens, the organizers have to set the qualification phase in motion. The Champions League qualification 2023/24 is underway, currently in the third qualifying rounds, with some teams already showing promise. The Champions League qualification stage is where football’s elite teams battle fiercely for a chance to secure their spot in the prestigious group stage. The world eagerly awaits the drama and excitement accompanying this pinnacle of club football. Here are five teams tipped to secure their passage into the hallowed tournament. With dreams of lifting the coveted trophy, let’s look at these teams’ chances of making it into the prestigious competition.
The 2023-24 Champions League Qualifiers Format
- Four teams are involved in the preliminary rounds, with the winner set to advance to the first qualifying round. The preliminary round involves teams from associations with fewer automatic spots in the Champions League group stage. And therefore have to go through the preliminary round.
- It’s a single-leg knockout match, and only one team advances in this year’s version. In contrast, the remaining three teams are sent to the Champions Path of the UEFA Europa Conference League second qualifying round.
First qualifying round
- Thirty teams are competing in the first qualifying round. The preliminary round winner brings the total to 30, which includes the 29 automatic entrants. Ties are played over two legs starting in the first qualifying round.
- Each tie-breaking winner moved on to the second qualifying round (Champions Path). Losing teams moved to the Europa Conference League’s Champions Path, with 13 moving on to the second qualifying round and two earning a bye to the third qualifying round of the conference league.
Second qualifying round
- Twenty-four teams are competing in the second qualifying round. 15 first-round winners and nine automatic qualifiers
- There are two ways to proceed in the second qualifying round: The League Path, which has four automatic entrants, while the Champions Path has five, along with the 15 first-qualifier winners.
- The winners of the two-legged ties move on to their respective paths’ third qualifying round. Defeated teams advance to the third qualifying round of the UEFA Europa League, with Champions Path losers entering the Champions Path and League Path losers joining the Main Path.
Third qualifying round
- Twenty teams compete in the third qualifying round: 12 winners of the second qualifying round and eight automatic entries.
- There are two ways to proceed in the third qualifying round. The League Path has six automatic participants and two winners from the second qualifying round. On the other hand, the Champions Path has two automatic entrants and ten second qualifying round winners.
- The two-legged tie winners proceed to their respective path’s play-off round. Defeated teams move on to the Europa League. The losers of the League Path advance to the group stage, while those on the Champions Path switch to their respective paths for the Europa League play-off round.
- There are ten teams in the playoff round: 2 automatic entries and ten third-place finishers.
- The play-off round has two paths. The Champions Path, which includes two automatic entrants and six third-place finishers, and the League Path, which includes four third-place finishers.
- The winners of the six best-of-two matches join the 26 teams who received direct entry into the Champions League group stage. Teams that lose advance to the group stage of the Europa League.
Champions League 2023/24 group stage draw
After the playoffs, the Champions League draw will occur on Thursday, August 31, at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco. The 26 automatic qualifiers and the six play-off round winners will make up the 32 teams in the draw.
Conquer the pinnacle of football with Betwinner! On the road to the 2023/24 Champions League – 5 teams have already secured their tickets to the group stage. And to add excitement and passion to your bets, we are excited to offer you our special bonus: 100% off your first deposit up to $100!
Get double the chances of success and experience the thrill of playing at the highest level.
Teams to make it through the Champions League qualifiers 2023/24
- Olympique de Marseille: Marseille has added a significant offensive power to their squad, with Pierre Emerick Aubameyand being the latest addition. This team finished third in the French League last season, showing how much success they had. They have the experience and squad to make it through the UEFA Champions League qualifiers.
- PSV Eindhoven: PSV came second in the just-concluded Eredivisie league. They lost a crucial player in Xavier Simmons, this team still has all it takes to return to the competition.
- Shakhtar Donetsk: Shakhtar is no stranger to the UEFA Champions League qualifiers. They have consistently made it to the Champions League group stage, and this year will be no different. The Ukraine-based club is no stranger to this competition, and they have delivered shocking performances against top clubs in the competition, making the qualifiers a piece of cake for them.
- Dinamo Zagreb: Dinamo Zagreb dominates the Croatian League with ease. Since they just returned to the Champions League last season, we see them being a part of five sure teams to qualify for the group stage. They are in the third qualifying rounds, and their performances so far have been impressive.
- Galatasaray: The Turkish League should be in awe of the team Galatasaray is assembling. With Wilfred Zaha and Mauricio Icardi recently joining the Turkish team, they are set to compete on the biggest of stages. All things point toward them making an impact in Europe again.
After careful analysis and research by the FBR expert analysts, the teams above will make it out of the ongoing UEFA champions league 2023/24 qualifiers. The qualifiers are just the tip of the iceberg of the actions set to grace your screens when the Champions League kicks off for the 2023/24 season. For more football news, make sure to follow FBR.
FanAdvice – your Private Sports Betting Club
Welcome to FanAdvice, where sports enthusiasm meets strategic insight, creating the ultimate Private Sports Betting Club experience. Are you ready…
Eurocups week: Big preview
Welcome to the Eurocups Week: Big Preview, where the UEFA Club competitions resume for matchday five after an intense international…
Big preview of UEFA Euro 2024 qualifying matches
Football fans across Europe are looking forward to the Euro 2024 qualifiers with excitement and anticipation. As always, these meetings…
Eurocups football week: Big preview on 2nd week of November
As the calendar turns to the second week of November, the European football stage is set for an exhilarating display…