Europa League and Conference League Last Matches Round of 16
If you happened to miss the first stage of the round of sixteen for the Europa and Conference League, don't worry. Here, you'll find insightful predictions for the upcoming second-leg.
The Europa League and the Conference League are in the round of sixteen stages. The first leg has already been played, and the second leg of matches is set to take place from the fifteenth until the sixteenth of March. With the fate of some teams already decided, other teams still have a lifeline to hang on to, hoping to book a spot in the quarter-final. Here we will take a look at the games to be played in the second leg of the Europa League and Conference League and provide odds and predictions on them.
Recap of the First Leg of Europa League Games
Sporting Lisbon vs Arsenal (2-2)
Arsenal was in Lisbon for the first leg of the round of sixteen clashes against Sporting. Arsenal, however, took the early lead in the game via a William Saliba header. However, Sporting responded shortly in a similar fashion as Portuguese center back Gonçalo Inácio scored a header to bring things to level terms. Lisbon took the lead in the fifty-fifth minute as they eyed a home win until midfielder Morita deflected in Granit Xhaka’s speculative effort to secure a draw. The spoils were shared in Lisbon.
Bayer Leverkusen vs Ferencvaros (2-0)
It’s easy to say that Xabi Alonso’s team made significant progress toward the quarterfinals with a convincing home victory over Ferencváros of Hungary. Leverkusen took the lead before the break, thanks to Kerem Demirbay. Edmond Tapsoba scored a spectacular diving header in the second half to give the German team a commanding lead before the return leg in Hungary.
Roma Vs Real Sociedad (2-0)
With a victory, AS Roma seized a crucial advantage in this. Early in the first half, Stephan El Shaarawy scored the game’s opening goal after capitalizing on a fine Tammy Abraham cross. Takefusa Kubo of La Real and Roma replacement Andrea Belotti both hit the post before Marash Kumbulla headed home a corner from Paulo Dybala with three minutes remaining.
Union Berlin Vs Union St Gilloise (3-3)
In the capital of Germany, a thrilling first leg finished in a tie. Prior to Josip Juranovi’s free-kick tying the score, Victor Boniface broke the deadlock. Yorbe Vertessen gave the visitors the advantage again, but Robin Knoche equalized on the rebound after Anthony Moris saved his penalty shot. Despite another goal by Boniface, the hosts ultimately prevailed thanks to Sven Michel’s great close-range strike.
Sevilla Vs Fenerbahce (2-0)
With a significantly superior second-half performance, Sevilla defeated Fenerbahçe thanks to a deflected shot by Joan Jordán and Erik Lamela’s late goal. Before the opening goal, goalkeeper Marko Dmitrovi twice saved the hosts by making noteworthy saves on Ferdi Kadolu and Joshua King after making clear runs.
Shakhtar Donetsk Vs Feyenoord (1-1)
Ezequiel Bullaude’s goal saved a tie in Warsaw two minutes from time. Yaroslav Rakitskyy gave Shakhtar the lead with their first shot on goal in minute 79. Bullaude rose to meet a beautiful cross from fellow substitute Marco Paixao just two minutes after being introduced to ensure parity before the second leg in Rotterdam.
Manchester United Vs Real Betis (4-1)
Manchester United was desperate to get back to winning ways after being humiliated by Liverpool in the league game prior to this match. However, Real Betis held their own when Ayoze Pérez overturned Marcus Rashford’s early opening to finish the first half on level terms. Erik ten Hag’s team seized control of the second half as Manchester United ran a three-goal riot via Antony, Bruno Fernandes, and Wout Weghorst.
Juventus Vs SC Freiburg (1-0)
Juventus has a slim lead in this encounter thanks to Angel Di Mara’s performance in the first leg. On a night where Freiburg played with composure but lacked a cutting edge, Di Maria sprang to power in a header after Juan Cuadrado was twice denied by Freiburg’s keeper Mark Flekken in the first half.
Recap Of The First-Leg Of Conference League Games
Basaksehir vs Gent (1-1)
Despite the bad weather in Belgium, it was an entertaining strategic game. Başakşehir took the lead with an early strike from Okaka, and Gent’s focus shifted to scoring an equalizer. Orban rightfully scored that goal. Başakşehir came closer to scoring a winner than the home team, but the hosts played strong defense, and the final matchup could be exciting.
Lech Poznań vs Djurgarden (2-0)
Polish side Lech Poznan took the early lead in this game via Antonio Milic’s goal in the 39th minute. They finished the first half with a goal advantage. In the second half, Lech remained solid on defense and fended off all of Djurgarden’s attempts to draw level. In the 82nd minute, Lech scored again to put the game to rest.
West Ham vs AEK Larnaca (2-0)
Antonio gave the Hammers the lead with two goals in the first half of the match. At 36 minutes, the 32-year-old headed in Benrahma’s cross, and his thunderous strike made it 2-0 before halftime. AEK made a solid effort to get back into the game, but Pirić denied Lucas Paquetá a late chance to put the visitors out of reach.
Villareal vs Anderlecht (1-1)
Particularly after the break, Anderlecht persevered and hustled Villarreal off their game. Chukwueze and Trigueros’ first-half connection gave the visitors the lead, but Amuzu and Dreyer’s double-act for the equalizer was outstanding. Even though Slimani, Raman, Verschaeren, and Murillo had a chance to win, Anderlecht won’t give up as they travel to Spain.
AZ Alkmaar vs Lazio (2-1)
AZ Alkmaar earned a well-deserved victory in this game. Pedro gave Lazio the lead, but goals from Pavlidis and former AC Milan left-back Kerkez helped the Dutch team pull out an astonishing victory. Maurizio Sarri’s team will have a busy trip to the Netherlands for the second match on Thursday.
Slovan Bratislava vs Basel (2-2)
This game is undoubtedly one of the most exciting matches played in the first leg of the Conference League round of sixteen. Basel took the early lead in this game in the sixth minute, while Bratislava equalized in the 20th minute to draw level. Basel scored a few minutes into halftime again to take the first-half lead. Abubakari scored in the 70th minute to bring the game to level terms, eventually ending in a draw.
Nice vs FC Sheriff (1-0)
Amraoui gave Nice the lead in this match. He received Thuram’s pass on the left flank, then floated a cross toward the far post, looping it over Koval’s head and into the goal. On the cusp of halftime, the visitors took the lead, and Nice was able to clinch an advantage thanks to the goal.
Fiorentina vs Sivasspor (1-0)
Most of the first half was controlled by Fiorentina, although they missed numerous golden chances to go in front and struck the crossbar through Castrovilli. Immediately following the visitors’ attempt by Goutas to hit the crossbar, the home team scored the game’s first goal during Sivasspor’s greatest stretch. Italiano’s squad maintains a slim lead, but the match is still razor-thin.
Markets to Bet On in The Europa League And Conference League
- Both Teams To Score: Looking at the trend of games in the first leg of the round of sixteen of the Europa League and Conference League, half of the games ended in both teams scoring. There is a high probability that the trend will also continue in the second leg of these games. There is more to play for in the second leg, so expect goals from both sides.
- Under 2.5 Goals: In the Conference League, out of the eight first-leg games, only two saw more than three goals being scored. Also, in the Europa League, more than three goals were only scored in three of eight games. We back this trend to continue in the second leg as well.
Pick your Europa League and Conference League winner and make your bet! Free Betting Reviews together with our partners have prepared exclusive bonuses for you. Win with your favorite team!
What are the Predictions for the Second Leg of the Europa League?
Thursday, March 16
- Arsenal vs Sporting Lisbon: Arsenal are in form, and after their 3-0 crushing of Fulham in the Premier League prior to this game, they are tipped to win and book their spot in the quarter-finals
- Ferencvaros vs Bayer Leverkusen: Xabi Alonso has a point to prove in the Bundesliga with Bayer Leverkusen, and European success will significantly aid his cause. This game will be low scoring, a replica of the first leg.
- Real Sociedad vs Roma: Jose Mourinho is known for his spectacular success in European competitions. Roma has a two-goal league heading into this game; Mourinho will want to keep the game at bay and play a defensive game. This game will also be a low-scoring one as well.
- Union St Gilloise vs Union Berlin: Union Berlin and Union St Gilloise is a hell of a matchup. The first leg showed that there’s not much to separate these teams. Back this game to see both teams scoring like the first leg.
- Fenerbahce vs Sevilla: Sevilla has quite the history in the Europa League. They are renowned for donning the competition. Expect them to win in the second leg against the Turkish side Fenerbahce.
- Feyenoord vs Shakhtar Donetsk: Shakhtar and Feyenoord is a great matchup. The first leg between these two teams ended in a draw. We’d back the second leg to be low-scoring, as neither of these two teams really offers a significant goal-scoring threat.
- Real Betis vs Manchester United: United demolished Real Betis in the first leg of their encounter. We believe the second leg won’t be much of a difference, and United should comfortably win the game.
- SC Freiburg vs Juventus: Juventus has not had the best of seasons. Angel Di Maria’s brilliant masterclass in the first leg was enough to get Juventus a goal advantage heading to the second leg. Back the second leg of the game to see less than two goals scored.
What are thePredictions for the Second Leg of the Conference League?
Wednesday, March 15
- Basaksehir vs Gent: The second half of these teams’ first match was somewhat mired in mud in Gent due to a downpour. Başakşehir of Turkey enjoys the benefit of playing at home. Gent will be hoping they can regain their composure in this encounter without conceding first in Istanbul. Here, bet on both teams to score.
Thursday, March 16
- Djurgarden vs Lech Poznan: Djurgrden’s domestic league season begins on 1 April, so they were out of fitness in the first leg. We predict more than two goals will be scored in this match because Djurgrden has scored two or more goals in five of their six home European games this season.
- West Ham vs AEK Larnaca: West Ham, who were semifinalists in the Europa League last season, has at least one foot in the quarterfinals after building a two-goal lead after the first leg. A comeback in the second leg will be an impossible job for AEK. We predict a lot of goals in this game as the first encounter could have easily ended in four or five goals scored.
- Villareal vs Anderlecht: After falling behind in the first leg, Anderlecht struggled for a while before turning things around with an outstanding equalizer and a valiant second-half effort. Villareal has not been compelling this season, and Anderlecht currently has the advantage. Back Anderlecht to win the second leg of this matchup.
- AZ Alkmaar vs Lazio: Following a spirit-boosting victory over Serie A’s presumptive leader Napoli, Lazio’s loss to AZ in Rome may be partially explained by Ciro Immobile’s absence. Bet on Lazio to recover and win the return match.
- Slovan Bratislava vs Basel: Slovan twice overcame deficits to draw against Basel. That maintained Slovakia’s team’s perfect record in the three-match series, but a repeat of their group-stage matchup, which ended 3-3, would necessitate a penalty shootout. In this match, bet for both teams to score.
- Nice vs FC Sheriff: Didier Digard, the manager of Nice, is poised to be aggressive in a situation where his team is defending a 1-0 advantage in France. Due to Nice’s relentless defense of their one-goal advantage, this game will be defensive, with few goals scored. In this game, fewer than two goals will be scored.
- Sivasspor vs Fiorentina: The team led by Vincenzo Italiano was rightfully victorious in Florence, but Sivasspor will take heart from Viola’s missed opportunity to capitalize on several excellent first-half opportunities. Back Fiorentina to be more clinical in the second leg to win the game.
Want to get the best odds for the predictions given above by Free Betting Reviews? Stake.com got you covered as they provide the best odds for European football competitions. Follow Free Betting Reviews for more previews and predictions on football.
FanAdvice – your Private Sports Betting Club
Welcome to FanAdvice, where sports enthusiasm meets strategic insight, creating the ultimate Private Sports Betting Club experience. Are you ready…
Eurocups week: Big preview
Welcome to the Eurocups Week: Big Preview, where the UEFA Club competitions resume for matchday five after an intense international…
Big preview of UEFA Euro 2024 qualifying matches
Football fans across Europe are looking forward to the Euro 2024 qualifiers with excitement and anticipation. As always, these meetings…
Eurocups football week: Big preview on 2nd week of November
As the calendar turns to the second week of November, the European football stage is set for an exhilarating display…