Best predictions on 38th-round of La Liga 2022-23
All you need to know about the exciting action on La Liga’s final showdown
Welcome to our comprehensive review of the much-awaited La Liga 38th round for the 2022–2023 season. The stakes have never been higher for the teams battling for glory, European qualification, and survival in the top division as the end of another enthralling Spanish football season approaches. The exciting combination of high-stakes contests in the 38th round will keep spectators on the edge of their seats until the final whistle. In this piece, we’ll examine some notable fixtures, their recent performance, their head-to-head history, and other significant variables that could affect the results on the final day of the 2022-23 La Liga season.
Overview Of The La Liga 2022-23
At the beginning of the season, the three traditional powerhouses of Spanish football. Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Atletico Madrid were in a three-way competition for the La Liga title. All three teams enjoyed brief periods at the top of the standings, but Barcelona eventually took control and secured the title. Barcelona won the La Liga championship in the end, earning their 27th La Liga championship.
- The top four teams, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico de Madrid, and Real Sociedad, will compete in the Champions League next season. However, Sevilla, who recently won the Europa League and a spot in the Champions League, has been added as a new name to the list.
- Villarreal and Real Betis have qualified for the Europa League, while a number of other teams, including Osasuna, Athletic Club, Girona, and Real Vallecano, are vying for a Conference League spot. Who gets the spot depends on the last matchday.
On the last matchday, the relegation battle will be a huge scene to watch out for. With multiple teams vying to stay in the first tier, it is anticipated to be just as dramatic. Getafe, Valencia, Cadiz, Almeria, and Celta Vigo could all be the third team to be demoted on the last matchday, joining Espanyol and Elche, who have already been sent to La Liga 2.
La Liga 2022-2023 Schedule Week 38
- RCD Mallorca Vs Rayo Vallecano
- Real Sociedad Vs Sevilla FC
- Real Madrid Vs Athletic Club
- Villarreal CF Vs Atlético de Madrid
- Osasuna Vs Girona FC
- Real Betis Vs Valencia CF
- RC Celta Vigo Vs FC Barcelona
- Real Valladolid Vs Getafe CF
- Elche CF Vs Cadiz CF
- RCD Espanyol De Barcelona Vs UD Almeria
All the games will take place on Sunday, 4 June 2023
Place a winning bet on La Liga matches now! Free Betting Reviews, together with the reliable bookmaker BetWinner, have prepared for you a cool first deposit bonus in the form of 100% on the first deposit. Play and win with us!
Preview Of The 2022-23 La Liga Final Matchday Showdown
After the results of matchday 37, a dramatic final matchday has been set up, with the relegation battle being the center of it all. With about six teams fighting to avoid going to La Liga 2, here’s a look at the current situation and what each team needs to do on the final matchday to avoid relegation to La Liga 2.
- Cadiz is on the verge of securing their place in La Liga for another year after defeating Celta 1-0 on matchday 37. They will retain their position in the league if they earn a point or a win against already relegated Elche. However, they will only be relegated if they lose and Almeria, Real Valladolid, and Celta Vigo win, while Valencia earns at least one point. They are currently in 13th place with 41 points.
- Getafe is in 14th place with 41 points. Getafe’s task is relatively straightforward. If they avoid losing, they will remain in La Liga. However, if Valladolid defeats them, they must ensure they don’t end up with the same points as Almeria (in case of a draw) or Valencia (if Valencia loses), both of whom would win their head-to-head battles.
- Valencia, despite their lower position in the table, 15th with 41 points, appears to have a safer position. They would need to lose their match against Real Betis to be at risk of relegation. At the same time, several specific scenarios unfold: Real Valladolid defeats Getafe, Cadiz loses to Elche, Celta Vigo defeats Barcelona, and Almeria earns points against Espanyol. Valencia could simply pick up a point against Betis to secure their safety.
- Almeria, currently in 16th place with 40 points, will ensure their survival if they win or draw their upcoming match. However, if they lose, Celta Vigo earns points against Barcelona, and Valladolid wins or draws, Almeria’s fate will be in jeopardy. Hence, their focus should be on securing the necessary result themselves.
- Celta Vigo is positioned 17th with 40 points. Their only path to safety is defeating Barcelona at home. They could face relegation if they finish level on points with the team currently in 18th place. Celta’s fate highly depends on Valladolid not getting any points on the final matchday.
- Real Valladolid, positioned 18th with 39 points, faces a crucial must-win game against Getafe on the final day. Valladolid can save themselves with a victory. If they draw, Celta earns a point, and Almeria loses, Valladolid will remain in La Liga. Similarly, if both Celta and Almeria lose while Valladolid draws, they will avoid relegation. However, if Valladolid loses, their fate is sealed, and they will be relegated.
2022-23 Final Matchday La Liga Predictions
Here’s our prediction of the relegation battle on the final matchday.
Elche CF Vs Cadiz CF
Cadiz is in danger of the relegation zone, and a point from this game will be enough for them to remain in La Liga next season. They face an already relegated Elche side with nothing to lose in this matchup.
Pick: Cadiz to win
Real Valladolid Vs Getafe CF
First, given the significance of Sunday’s game for Real Valladolid and Getafe, we anticipate a close encounter that a single goal might decide. Eight of the previous eleven meetings between these two sides have finished with fewer than three goals, while five of Getafe’s last six games have been decided by two goals or less.
Pick: Under 2.5 total goals
Real Betis Vs Valencia CF
In this season-ending match, Valencia is battling for its La Liga existence.
However, Real Betis, their opponent, has had a strong and steady season throughout this La Liga campaign, losing just five of their 18 home games in the top domestic division. Valencia will find this challenging; thus, a low-scoring contest is anticipated.
Pick: Under 2.5 total goals
RC Celta Vigo Vs FC Barcelona
When they play Barcelona on Sunday night, Celta Vigo will try to avoid the heartbreaking relegation to La Liga 2. On the other side, Celta has everything to lose in the Sunday match; thus, they are our pick to win. Xavi’s team has little to play for.
Pick: Celta Vigo to win
RCD Espanyol De Barcelona Vs UD Almeria
In the match on Sunday, Espanyol had nothing to play for. On the other hand, Almeria wants to stay out of the Segunda Division, and a victory will help them achieve that objective. Espanyol is a solid team at home, and it will be tough for Almeria.
Pick: UD Almeria to win
Get ready for nerve-wracking action on Sunday as the La Liga relegation battle promises to live up to expectations. Who will escape going back to the Segunda division? Find out more on FBR as we bring you the best football news, predictions, and odds.
FanAdvice – your Private Sports Betting Club
Welcome to FanAdvice, where sports enthusiasm meets strategic insight, creating the ultimate Private Sports Betting Club experience. Are you ready…
Eurocups week: Big preview
Welcome to the Eurocups Week: Big Preview, where the UEFA Club competitions resume for matchday five after an intense international…
Big preview of UEFA Euro 2024 qualifying matches
Football fans across Europe are looking forward to the Euro 2024 qualifiers with excitement and anticipation. As always, these meetings…
Eurocups football week: Big preview on 2nd week of November
As the calendar turns to the second week of November, the European football stage is set for an exhilarating display…