Cricket betting pro tips: Strategies and insights
Before you start betting on cricket, it is important to understand the basic rules and formats of this game.
How to place bets on cricket?
Cricket is one of the largest sports in the world, and until recent years only a few countries including Australia, India, England, South Africa, Pakistan, and New Zealand competed professionally in it. However, in the last decade, cricket betting has been rapidly developing, and the Major League Cricket tournament officially started in the USA in 2023.
Cricket is similar to baseball in many ways, and therefore bets on one match you can make on many aspects. There is nothing unusual about betting on cricket, and those who have already placed bets on sports will quickly understand the types of bets available for cricket.
Types of cricket bets
- 1X2: Like the 1X2 bet in any other sport, it is a simple bet on which team will win the match. Draw matches are possible in all types of cricket, so on this market, usually, three options are offered.
- Prop match bets: These are unique outcomes that can happen during the match and are not dependent on the final result of the game. For example, “Will a century be scored in the match?” (100 or more runs) or “Which team will score the most runs in the first 6 rounds?”
- Prop bets on players: Like bets on the match, these outcomes are not related to the final result of the meeting. Unlike match requisites, these bets are based on the results of individual players. For example, a bet on which player will score the most runs in the match or take the most wickets.
- Outright: This is an ordinary bet on which team will win the tournament or season, and the bet is made before the start of the competition itself. Most bookmakers offer outright markets for major cricket tournaments in advance – in some cases, even a year.
- Over/Under: This refers to both totals and handicaps. A total bet is a bet on whether the total will be higher or lower than a certain number, and it can cover individual batsmen’s runs, team runs, or total team runs. Handicap betting in cricket involves predicting the winner and their advantage.
Win big on cricket bets with 1XBET! Get a 100% bonus on your first deposit and double your chances of success. Don’t miss the opportunity to make accurate predictions and winning bets on 1XBET.
Tips and strategies for cricket betting
Now that you know the basics, it’s time to learn how to place bets on cricket and win. We’ve compiled some of our favorite cricket betting strategies that will help you place winning bets:
- Study key players. Learn all about the best players on each team and compare them with others. There may be several strongest players in a team, known for their fast scoring. However, the same players can play aggressively and can only score runs against pace bowling on specific fields.
- Consider weather conditions. Weather is crucial, especially in test cricket, and the condition of the pitch is even more important. Look at how hard the pitch is, which favors batsmen due to the quick pace and lack of grip. At the same time, an uneven pitch will slow the ball and spin more, making it harder to score runs.
- Live betting. Due to the fast pace and agility of live betting, you usually get much better odds than in pre-match mode. A common tip for betting on cricket is to bet on 1X2 shortly after the first ball, as odds often immediately shift towards more favorable lines than those before the game.
- Look for arbitrage opportunities. This is particularly relevant for live cricket bets. Look for opportunities to cover your bets and guarantee profit. We recommend using 1XBET as they offer the best cricket odds.
- Live betting on pressure. Pressure brings wickets. Look for a batsman who hasn’t scored runs in a long time or a team that’s faced a lot of dot balls. Even the most persistent player can make an unwise shot under pressure, and you can take advantage of late-reacting odds. This way, you can predict a wicket before it happens in live betting mode.
To fully understand how to place bets on cricket, you need to know that there are two different forms of cricket. These are test cricket and numerous forms of limited-overs cricket.
- Test Cricket: The most common type of cricket. Test matches can be compared to baseball because they are played over several innings. They are held over five days for 90 minutes per day. To win a test match, the team must dismiss the opponent in two innings and score more runs.
- List A Cricket: One-day cricket is played over one day/night, and each team plays an innings of 50 overs each. The team that scores the most runs wins.
- T20 Cricket: T20 cricket is an even shorter game, with each team playing only 20 overs. This type of cricket focused on the incredibly fast scoring rate and endgame strategy.
- T10 Cricket: An even shorter limited-overs game in which each team has an innings of only 10 overs. This form of cricket develops leagues where few teams are likely to make it to 20 overs or more.
- 100 Ball: Cricket 100 Ball is Britain’s answer to the reduced ticket sales of domestic One Day Cricket and T20 cricket. Each team bowls 100 balls, and the team that scores the most runs wins. To make it easier to score runs, numerous changes in rules have been introduced, and lower lines have been set to make cricket more accessible to the general public.
Cricket betting is not only an exciting way to support your favorite teams but also an entertaining pastime for gambling enthusiasts. Remember the importance of analysis and bankroll management, and immerse yourself in the amazing world of cricket betting with confidence and enthusiasm.
FanAdvice – your Private Sports Betting Club
Welcome to FanAdvice, where sports enthusiasm meets strategic insight, creating the ultimate Private Sports Betting Club experience. Are you ready…
Eurocups week: Big preview
Welcome to the Eurocups Week: Big Preview, where the UEFA Club competitions resume for matchday five after an intense international…
Big preview of UEFA Euro 2024 qualifying matches
Football fans across Europe are looking forward to the Euro 2024 qualifiers with excitement and anticipation. As always, these meetings…
Eurocups football week: Big preview on 2nd week of November
As the calendar turns to the second week of November, the European football stage is set for an exhilarating display…