Champions League Returns 2022-23
After a break for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, the Champions League will start up again in 2022–23. Learn all the details for this upcoming event.
The 68th season of the premier club competition, the Champions League, returns. Find out more about the upcoming matches of Champions League, odds and predictions in this article.
What are the 2022-23 Champions League Details?
The 68th season of Europe’s premier club football tournament, which is organized by UEFA, will be the 31st season since the tournament was renamed from the European Champion Clubs’ Cup to the UEFA Champions League. The tournament will be held in Europe and runs to 10 of June 2023
The champion of this tournament will receive an automatic berth in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League in 2023–24. In addition, the champion of the UEFA Champions League will earn the right to compete against the winner of the UEFA Europa League in the 2023 UEFA Super Cup.
Real Madrid is the current champion. In the most recent competition, they won their 14th title, which set a record. This makes them the favorites to retain their crown.
The Distribution of Teams Among the Association
78 teams from 53 of UEFA’s 55 member associations will compete in the 2022–23 season of the UEFA Champions League (the exceptions being Russia, which is barred from participating, and Liechtenstein, which does not have a domestic league). UEFA uses a ranking system that is based on the association coefficients to decide how many teams will compete in each association.
- There are four teams who qualify from each of Associations 1–4.
- There are three teams that qualify from each of Associations 5–6.
- Two teams from each of Associations 7–15 (with the exception of Russia)
- One team from each of the Associations 16–55 (with the exception of Liechtenstein).
- If the winners of the UEFA Champions League 2021–22 and the UEFA Europa League 2021–22 do not qualify for the UEFA Champions League 2022–23 through their respective local leagues, they are each awarded an additional entry into the tournament.
When are the 2022/23 Champions League draws?
Association football is governed by a total of six continental entities, one of which is the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA). The UEFA has provided the following list of dates for the upcoming events.
- Knockout phase: Round of 16: 14th/15th/21st/22nd February & 7th/8th/14th/15th March 2023
- Quarter-finals: 11th/12th & 18th/19th April 2023
- Semi-finals: 9th/10th & 16th/17th May 2023
- Final: 10th June 2023
When are the Champions League Upcoming Matches?
Those who are curious can rest assured that the first legs of the Round of 16 games will be played on Tuesday (February 14th), Wednesday (February 15th) , Tuesday (February 21st), and Wednesday (February 22nd), 2023. The games for the second legs will be held on March 7th and 8th, as well as March 14th and 15th, 2023, respectively.
The matchups are going to be the following;
- Milan vs. Tottenham (14th of February)
- PSG vs. Bayern Munich (14th of February)
- Brugge vs. Benfica (15th of February)
- Borussia Dortmund vs. Chelsea (15th of February)
- Liverpool vs. Real Madrid (21st of February)
- Eintracht vs. Napoli (21st of February)
- Leipzig vs. Manchester City (22nd of February)
- Inter vs. Porto (22nd of February)
Want to bet on the Champions League’s matches, but do not know which bookmaker offers good bonuses on sports betting? Free Betting Reviews recommend taking advantage of a unique offer of our partners from VOdds and get 25% bonus on your first deposit!
2022-23 Champions League Final: Where to Watch?
The championship game will be held at the Atatürk Olympic Stadium in Istanbul. The UEFA Champions League Final 2022-23 will take place on June 10. The decisive match of the tournament will start at 21:00 CET (22:00 local time).
What UK TV Channel will the Champions League last 16 be on? In case anyone was wondering, BT Sports is the only network that has the right to broadcast every single Champions League game. They will broadcast the competition’s “Last 16” on BT Sports 1, 2, and 3 HD channels in high definition. In addition to that, they are going to conduct a goal show.
The First Predictions and Odds for Future Matches
- Milan VS Tottenham (February 14)
In the Europa League match between AC Milan and Tottenham Hotspur FC, the experts from Stake projected that Tottenham Hotspur FC would win by 2.90, while AC Milan received 2.50, and the draw was expected to occur by 3.40.
- PSG VS Bayern – (February 14)
In this match, analysts from Free Betting Reviews prefer “Bayern”. According to odds of the reliable bookmakers: Bayern win – 2.55, while PSG win – 2.65. A draw – 3.75.
- Club Brugge VS Benfica (February 15)
Club Brugge will defeat SL Benfica by a score of 4.20 to 1.88, with a draw score of 3.75, according to the experts at Stake. The experts gave SL Benfica only 1.88 points for their prediction.
- Borussia Dortmund VS Chelsea (February 15)
Since these two teams have not played each other before, no one can say what to expect from this match. Relying on the odds from a verified bookmaker, Free Betting Reviews can assume that Borussia has a slight edge. Borussia win at 2.47, Chelsea win at 2.95, draw at 3.40.
Follow the latest Champions League 2022-23 news and new predictions with Free Betting Reviews.
Latest Football League Results from FBR: 6-12 of March
Yes! We have finally brought you an all-in-one article reviewing recent results of games and happenings in football’s top five…
Don’t Miss the Excitement of Football FA Cup Quarter-Finals
The FA Cup is one of the world's most historic, oldest, and most celebrated soccer tournaments. Eight teams now remain…
Get the Latest Odds on El Clásico: FC Barcelona vs. Real Madrid
One of the greatest rivalries in the history of football, The “El Clasico,” is yet upon us again. The importance…