The BNP Paribas Open, a tournament that usually takes place in springtime, is gradually approaching, and the Coachella Valley once again prepares to host it for the 49th consecutive time. The BNP Paribas Open, which is unquestionably the largest ATP Tour and WTA Tour combined two-week event, is something that every tennis enthusiast looks forward to.
As the tennis world anticipates this tournament, here is what you need to know ahead of the competition.
Venue: Indian Wells Tennis Garden, California, United States
Date: March 6th to March 19th 2023
Total Prize Money: $8.8M
How to Purchase Tickets
- You can get the tickets online via bnpparibasopen website, with the lowest ticket price being as low as $10 for the qualifying phase.
- To purchase a ticket over the phone, contact 1-800-999-1585 Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Underdogs and Favorites Ahead of the Tournament
Ahead of this notable competition, free betting reviews have prepared a detailed preview of how the men’s and women’s singles are envisioned to perform in the tournament. But before we take a look at this, let’s look at the reigning champions of this tournament;
- Singles for men: Taylor Fritz (USA)
- Singles for women: Iga Swiatek (POL)
- Men’s doubles: Jack Sock and John Isner (USA)
- Women’s doubles: Yang Zhaoxuan (CN) and Xu Yifan (CHN)
Favorites For Men’s Singles Tournament
- The number one tennis player in the world, Novak Djokovic, is obviously a fan favorite whenever he competes in any tennis tournament. It’s a welcome back for the Serbian, who opted not to compete last year. Unfortunately, this might be a similar case this year again, despite him already being on the official entry list.
- Djokovic has, however, asked for a special permit that will allow him to participate in the competition, so if he is allowed to take part in this game, he will be the clear favorite in this year’s tournament. Also, Djokovic is coming off into this tournament off his 10th Australian Open, and he has momentum on his side.
- On the other hand, Rafael Nadal would have been the strongest threat to Djokovic, but he withdrew due to an injury he sustained during his early exit from the Australian Open.
Underdogs For Men’s Singles Tournament
- After reaching the Australian Open final, Stefanos Tsitsipas will be a top candidate. He has demonstrated his ability to compete with the best tennis players in the world. This final was significant because, with a victory, Djokovic tied Rafael Nadal’s record of 22 major victories. If Tsitsipas had triumphed, he would have become the first Greek player to hold the top spot in the world rankings.
- The Association of Tennis Professionals has placed the Greek tennis player third (ATP).
Favorites For Women’s Singles Tournament
- The World No. 2 Aryna Sabalenka, who just won her first Grand Slam championship at the 2023 Australian Open, will be the focus of attention in the women’s singles competition. As this competition begins, she is in the lead.
- Iga Swiatek, the current BNP Paribas Women’s singles champion and World No. 1, is also considered one of the favorites. She hopes to become the first woman to win back-to-back titles in the desert since Martina Navratilova (1990, 1991).
Underdogs For Women’s Singles Tournament
- Tennis Garden will see a lot of great WTA talents competing fiercely for this title as they look to make their breakthroughs. Elena Rybakina, the World No. 10 player and the 2022 Wimbledon champion, has gotten off to a hot start this season after defeating Swiatek in Melbourne on her way to the Australian Open final. She is a significant wildcard in this competition.
- The top-ranked American competitors hoping to become the first American woman to win Indian Wells since 2001 include World No. 6 Coco Gauff and No. 4 Jessica Pegula.
Want to bet on tennis but can’t find a reliable bookmaker? Free Betting Reviews, together with partner Cyber.bet offers high odds and an exclusive bonus – 10EUR on free bets.
How to Bet on the 2023 BNP Paribas Open
Here, we will provide tips on placing successful bets on the 2023 Indian Wells competition. Numerous game mechanics can be used to your advantage, and at free betting reviews, we’ve done the groundwork to help you get the most out of your bets. These are some of the statistics to be considered.
Surface of Play
It’s essential to look into this element. The BNP Paribas Open is a hard-court competition; thus, some players will benefit more than others. A clay or grass court expert may have difficulty winning matches on a hard court and vice versa. Observe the players’ records again to determine which surface yields the best outcomes.
This is a very important factor to consider. After seeding has been done, look at the history between players that are set to face each other. Some athletes perform better against particular foes. It is a hint they might win if one player has been dominant in the history of the matches against the other.
Best Betting Markets For The BNP Paribas Open
- Bets on the tournament victor. This entails betting on the tennis player you think will take the competition by storm and win it all.
- For every match in the competition, there is also a Match Winner betting option. It’s more like moneyline betting where you bet on the player you think will win the game.
- Also you can bet on sets winner betting entails placing a wager on the player you believe will prevail in each set of a given match. Set Winner betting, which entails making a wager on the player you believe will win the first, second, or if necessary, third set of a match, is another option if you want tennis wagers that are more specific.
The 2023 BNP Paribas Open will deliver all the action, and with the betting tips offered above, you will make maximum returns. Follow Free Betting Reviews for more previews of forthcoming tennis tournaments.