Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk, Latest News, Future Predictions
The fight for the title of absolute heavyweight champion may occur in the coming months. Check out the latest news, stats, and fight predictions.
Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury hold the four top belts in the Heavyweight division. The two will likely face off at some point, so we’ve compared their professional head-to-head records and predicted Usyk vs. Fury future fight.
Regarding the rewards for the winner, Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk will be the biggest Heavyweight fight since Mike Tyson vs. Michael Spinks. Usyk holds the WBO, IBF, and WBA titles, while Fury holds the WBC title.
This will be the first time all four belts will be up for grabs in an Undisputed Heavyweight title fight. And the fight will take place soon.
Essential facts you need to know
In August 2021, Oleksandr Usyk, a Ukrainian professional boxer, defeated Anthony Joshua in a rematch, solidifying his position as one of the top heavyweights in the world.
- In his post-fight interview, Usyk called out Tyson Fury, a fellow heavyweight and the current WBC champion. Usyk stated that he wanted to fight Fury and that if he didn’t, he wouldn’t fight at all.
- Fury, who had previously been vocal about his desire to face Usyk in the ring, responded on Twitter. In his initial post, which has since been taken down, he criticized the Joshua vs. Usyk match and claimed he could “annihilate both of them on the same night.”
- Since then, there have been numerous reports about the efforts of both camps to bring the fight to a conclusion. Fury’s camp has appeared to be the most active in terms of negotiations, with his promoter, Bob Arum, stating that they were willing to make the fight happen in 2023.
- In a recent interview, Usyk’s coach, Egis Klimas, revealed that their camp had already agreed to the fight and now it was up to Fury’s camp to decide on the same.
- The potential matchup between Usyk and Fury would be a highly anticipated event in the world of boxing, pitting two of the top heavyweights against each other in what promises to be an exciting and competitive fight.
- Both fighters have proven themselves to be skilled and formidable opponents, and fans are eager to see them go head to head in the ring.
- While the details of the fight are yet to be confirmed, it is clear that both Usyk and Fury are serious about making it happen.
Recap: Fury and Usyk’s fights in 2022
Compared to Usyk’s single fight in 2022, Fury has engaged in two fights. In London, England, he faced Dillian Whyte for the first time.
- On December 3, 2022, at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, he faced Derek Chisora after a brief retirement.
- The fight between Fury and Chisora served more as a warm-up than anything else. Chisora, who had earlier in the year announced his retirement as well, was never able to attack the “Gypsy King effectively.” As a result, Fury controlled and dictated the fight.
- Fury’s victory allowed him to keep his WBC, which means it will still be up for grabs in his contest with Usyk.
- Oleksandr Usyk’s last fight was a rematch with Anthony Joshua on August 20, 2022, at King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Usyk defeated Joshua in October 2021 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London, England, taking the WBA, WBO, and IBF belts from Joshua. This rematch followed.
- AJ was defeated by Usyk once more in Jeddah, this time by a split decision, despite Usyk’s impressive performance.
To get a dope bonus regardless of your choice for the upcoming fight, Free Betting Review, together with VOdds, offers to get 25% your first deposit.
Click on the link, follow three simple steps, and claim your bonus!
When will the Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk fight take place?
The Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk fight is expected to take place between February 18 and March 4, 2023, according to Usyk’s manager, Egis Klimas. It should be noted that the information regarding the Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk fight is subject to change, as the fight is not officially announced yet, and the exact date, location, and other details are yet to be determined.
It’s expected that the official announcement and confirmation of the fight date will come from the respective fighters’ camps and promoters. Fans of both Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk should keep an eye out for official updates and announcements regarding the fight, as more information becomes available.
Where will the mega-fight take place?
In an interview with Givemesports, sports writer Dan Rafael stated that the middle east (Saudi Arabia) is likely to be where the fight takes place. However, he also noted that the fight might take place in the UK.
Classic odds and predicted results
Tyson Fury, the former lineal heavyweight champion, is the betting favorite to beat Oleksandr Usyk at -280. That gives the “Gypsy King” an implied win probability of 73.6%. Usyk, the undisputed heavyweight champion, is the underdog; a $100 wager will profit $210 if the unbeaten Ukrainian prevails.
Fury is the bigger and more rangy boxer, so he definitely has the advantage in this match. Usyk might be the more skilled fighter, but Fury’s camp has produced fighters with a wide range of styles over the years. That proves the “Gypsy King” is as flexible as they come for anything Usyk throws at him.
Usyk occasionally managed to get close to Joshua, making it tense. However, we all know that Fury can fight on the inside as well. The Ukrainian did succeed in cutting off the ring and getting inside Joshua.
Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis stated that Fury is the favorite to win this bout. “I always say a good big guy can always beat a good small guy.”
Undisputed super-middleweight champion, Canelo Alvarez, noted that Usyk was a really great fighter with a lot of skills. He further stated that Fury had everything, weight and boxing skills. Favoring Fury in his prediction, noting that, it’s going to be hard for Usyk.
Early Odds On The Fight
The odds that are given in the American format, -280 and +210, can be converted to the European format, also known as decimal odds.
To convert -280 to decimal odds, you divide 100 by the American odds (280) + 1 = 1.357.To convert +210 to decimal odds, you add 1 to the American odds (210) = 3.1
Therefore, in the European format, the odds for Tyson Fury to win the fight would be 1.357, while the odds for Oleksandr Usyk to win the fight would be 3.1.Please keep in mind that these are just predictions and are subject to change.
Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk, the heavyweight clash between two of the best boxers in the world, is expected to be a thrilling fight.
Both fighters are undefeated and have yet to lose a bout in their professional boxing careers. It should be an entertaining fight between Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk, and it will be interesting to see who prevails in this heavyweight contest.
Free Betting Reviews is a leading source for in-depth and reliable information on bookmakers. We provide a variety of evaluations and rankings based on the personal experiences of professional bettors. We are committed to ensuring that all our reviews and rankings are fair, giving you the most accurate information to guide your betting decisions. Check out the freshest news now!
Latest Football League Results from FBR: 6-12 of March
Yes! We have finally brought you an all-in-one article reviewing recent results of games and happenings in football’s top five…
Don’t Miss the Excitement of Football FA Cup Quarter-Finals
The FA Cup is one of the world's most historic, oldest, and most celebrated soccer tournaments. Eight teams now remain…
Get the Latest Odds on El Clásico: FC Barcelona vs. Real Madrid
One of the greatest rivalries in the history of football, The “El Clasico,” is yet upon us again. The importance…