The FIFA World Cup, the largest sporting event in history, began on November 20 in Qatar as the host country kicked off the tournament against Ecuador in the opening match. We put our bettors first; therefore, we’ve created a unique guide on how to wager on players in this tournament to help you prepare for the world’s biggest competition.
This guide informs you about the many World Cup player selection criteria and who you should bet on. As a highly competitive competition, the World Cup can feature games with very high-scoring totals or goalless draws. Also, it’s a tournament where heroes become villains, and the unexpected happens.
Category Of Players
The World Cup, without a doubt, is a tournament the football world looks forward to every time, and the best part is that it takes place once every four years. Here we have divided the players participating in the tournaments into different categories and how you should bet on them based on their impact on their country’s national team.
To Score Or Assist In A Game
Here are players that are known to be dangerous for their scoring prowess. Also, we look at the assist kings, and why they are poised to deliver, especially beginner bettors, we analyze the reason for the choice of Players.
- Lionel Messi is the focal point of the Argentine National Team attack. Everything goes through him, so as the title favorites, the PSG forward will be heavily involved. He already has two goals and assists in two games played in the group stage. With a win in round three of the group stage securing Argentina’s qualification, it’s safe to bet on Lionel Messi to score or assist in a game.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is renowned for his goal-scoring prowess. He is Portugal’s best goal-scorer, and he already has a goal in the first game of the 2022 World Cup. He’s Portugal’s penalty kick specialist. With the World Cup having witnessed a handful of penalties awarded, the Portuguese star is an excellent pick to score a goal in each of Portugal’s games.
- Kylian Mbappe torched the World Cup in 2018 when France became the eventual winner of the tournament. Mbappe has speed and an incredible goal-scoring ability and is moving France forward in partnership with Giroud. He already leads the goal-scoring chart with three goals in two games played.
- Enner Valencia, who is joint Top scorer with Kylian Mbappe, is a dark horse for the top scorer in the World Cup if Ecuador makes it to the round of 16. He has three goals in two games, and if Ecuador can get past his fitness issue, he’s poised to keep getting the ball at the back of the Net. Pick him to score in any of Ecuador’s games.
How To Bet On These Players
To bet on these players, you can consider short-term or long-term betting. What is meant by short-time betting is placing a bet per game on the player to score? While long-term betting is more of a future bet where you can bet on players to pick up the end-of-tournament individual award. You can bet on who will win the Golden Boot, which is for the most goals scored in the tournament. Also, you can bet on which player will perform best at the end of the tournament to pick up the Golden Ball Award.
Golden Boot Award
- Kylian Mbappe: Given everything, it’s tough to resist placing a wager on Mbappe. He is France’s top goalscorer, and he’s greatly benefiting from Karim Benzema’s absence from France’s National Team. He’s a favorite to win the Golden Boot.
- Neymar: The benefit of backing Neymar to win the Golden Boot is that Brazil is likely to be one of the tournament’s top-scoring teams. The drawback is that such objectives will originate from various sources and not only through Neymar.
- Lionel Messi: Messi is a decent bet here as he’ll likely be in charge of penalties and free kicks for Argentina, but due to the attention that defenders focus on him, he frequently transforms into a facilitator and orchestrator first for Argentina.
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Although defenders pay close attention to Ronaldo, it’s important to note that he hasn’t looked like Ronaldo in a very long time. This is why he needs to be higher up on the list.
- Harry Kane: England’s squad has recently played far too conservatively to bet on Kane here, but he has a high chance of emerging as the tournament’s best player. Although he hasn’t started getting the goals yet, he has two assists in two games, and it’s a matter of time before he starts getting the goals.
- Jamal Musiala: If, somehow, Germany manages to make it to the round of 16, Jamal Musiala will be an elite contender for the Golden Ball. He is undoubtedly Germany’s most potent attacking threat and dropped a masterclass in the 1-1 draw against Spain. He’s a huge underdog to bet on for this award.
Take a great opportunity to claim an extra bonus 10 EUR on free bets on Cybet.bet!
Players Expected To Deliver As The Tournament Proceeds
- Antoine Griezmann: Griezmann is the player France can rely on to get in the goals. He is a forward who can also operate as an attacking midfielder. He’s yet to get a goal in the group stage as of the second round of the competition, but as France progresses to the knockout stage, he will be key to their goal-scoring and chance creation.
- Lautaro Martinez: Argentina’s strike Martinez is yet to get a goal to his name, despite his zealous attempts against Saudi Arabia in their opening game. The Inter Milan man will not be denied for long, and after Argentina already secured their spot in the knockout round by defeating Mexico, it won’t be long before he starts getting the goals in.
- Vinicius Jr: With doubts over Neymar’s fitness, the Selacao may have to rely on the Real Madrid star forward to get the goals in. He already had a goal canceled for offside in the tournament, and I believe as he gradually settles into the tournament, he should get his name on the scoresheet soon. Brazil already secured their spot in the knockout round, and as they aim to make a long run in the tournament, Vinicius’ goal-scoring will be key to that.
Betting on players, also known as player’s prop, can be on a matching base or tournament basis. For new bettors, you can bet on a player’s odds to score or assist a goal, while for the regular bettors, you can stake on the higher odds, which is betting on the player’s overall performance at the end of the tournament.