Manchester City vs Arsenal: Odds and predictions
Arsenal’s title fate lies in their hands as they face their direct competition Manchester City in a midweek Premier League game
Second-placed Manchester City hosts league leaders Arsenal at the Etihad Stadium in what can essentially be the title decider for the 2022-23 Premier League season. With only five points separating these two teams, with Manchester City having two outstanding matches to play, the winner of this game will essentially take the front seat in the title fight. Arsenal slipped up in their last three games and are now in a must-win situation against Manchester City in a mid-week encounter. This is one of the most anticipated football games this week as the stakes are high and past games between these teams have always been intense and exciting.
Date: Wednesday, 26th April 2023
Time: 20:00 BST
Venue: Etihad Stadium, Manchester, England
Manchester City Vs Arsenal Match preview
- Manchester City has been on fire recently. They are unbeaten in their last sixteen games, winning thirteen, with the remaining three ending in a draw. In addition to that, Manchester City just booked their spot in the FA Cup finals as they eased past Sheffield United in the semifinals by three goals to nil. Manchester City has their eyes on the treble this season and they are in pole position to make it happen as they are in the Champions League semi-finals, FA Cup finals, and potentially some outstanding games away from becoming first in the Premier League. They have their eyes on the prize and will look to dominate Arsenal in this game.
- On the other hand, It looks like it’s all the way down for Arsenal from here now. Despite not participating in any competition other than the Premier League, the Gunners have failed to lock down their place at the top of the league table. Arsenal has dropped six points in their last three games as they played out a draw against Liverpool, West Ham, and most recently Southampton. Arterta will be furious with the squad as they could have comfortably won those games if they had defended their lead. Their last game was quite disappointing as they could have easily lost to last-placed Southampton if not for forward Bukayo Saka’s goal at the end of regular time.
Recap of the latest games
Manchester City Vs Sheffield United
Manchester City’s last game was in the FA Cup semi-final against Sheffield United. They dominated all through the game and ended up winning 3-0 despite resting some of their key players like Kevin DeBruyne, Rodri, Stone, Ruben Dias, and Ederson. Manchester City has now booked their spot in the finals and will be playing Manchester United in the FA Cup finals.
- Riyad Mahrez was the star of the show in the game against Sheffield as he bagged a hat trick with one goal in the first half, and two second-half goals to cap off an impressive performance by the Algerian.
- Sheffield barely threatened in the game as they recorded four total shots attempts in the game, with only one being on target.
Arsenal Vs Southampton
Arsenal was dumbfounded seeing how hard last-placed Southampton came for them at the Emirates. In a six-goal thriller that ended with each team parting with a point, Southampton overall was the more clinical team. They had eight shots attempted in the game and six were on target, compared to Arsenal’s 25, with the same number as Southampton. The Saints could have run away with all three points if they could protect their lead better.
- Southampton had a great start to the game as they were the first to score in the first minute via the Argentine midfielder Carlos Alcaraz. Before Arsenal could blink, they doubled the lead and it was former Arsenal man Theo Walcott who made it 2-0 in the 14th minute.
- Arsenal’s forward Gabriel Martinelli pulled one back for Arsenal in the 20th minute but the first half ended 2-1. In the second half, Southampton resumed where they stopped and added another goal to add to the Gunner’s misery.
- However, two late goals via Martin Odegaard and Bukayo Saka with less than five minutes left to the end of regulation salvaged a point for the league leaders.
Manchester City Vs Arsenal key stats
- Manchester City is unbeaten in their last seven games at home.
- In their last five league away games, Arsenal is unbeaten.
- In all competitions, nine of Arsenal’s most recent ten matches ended with at least three goals.
- In all competitions, Manchester City’s past seven games have ended with at least three goals.
- The first encounter this season between both teams ended in a four-goal thriller, Manchester City won 3-1
- Both teams have scored in Arsenal’s last five league games
And don’t forget how important it is to find a reliable bookmaker before you place a bet! Free Betting Reviews together with our partner Cyber.bet offer not only high odds on soccer matches, but also an exclusive €10 free bet bonus. Play and win with us!
Manchester City Vs Arsenal betting tips
This has Manchester City as the favorites written all over it and the statistics are there to back it up. However, despite Arsenal going through a slump right now, they know what a loss at the Etihad Stadium means to their title hopes and Mikel Arteta will be gutted to let the title slip out of his hands when he’s just this close. This is why our main prediction for this matchup is over 2.5 goals. Expect a goal fest in this game, Manchester City scores for fun, and seeing how porous Arsenal’s defense has been of late, expect quite a number of goals in this game.
Also, Arsenal will not go down without a fight, this is why our second pick for this game is for both teams to score, which is the trend in Arsenal’s last five league games. And here are the predictions according to reliable sportsbook Stake.com.
- First Prediction: Over 2.5 goals
- Odds: 1.58
- Second Prediction: Both teams to score
- Odds: 1.68
For sure with the stakes this high, this will be a fun game to watch. Follow FBR as we bring you the best football predictions and odds from the best bookmakers there ever are.
FanAdvice – your Private Sports Betting Club
Welcome to FanAdvice, where sports enthusiasm meets strategic insight, creating the ultimate Private Sports Betting Club experience. Are you ready…
Top football matches in major European leagues: 3rd week of February
As February unfolds, the excitement in major European football leagues reaches a pinnacle during the third week of the month.…
Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk fight: Why was it canceled again?
If you love watching fights, the past few days might have been really disappointing. The big championship Fury vs Usyk…
Predictions on top football matches this week: EPL, Serie A and more
Explore the excitement of this week's top football clashes with our in-depth predictions. From the thrilling battles in the EPL…