UEFA Europa League, Top Odds of Upcoming Matches
Europa League returns with the first leg of the knockout round
European football returns this week after a long break. The UEFA Europa League comes with a different form of excitement because of the caliber of teams participating in the competition this year. Barcelona, Manchester United, Juventus, Ajax, and Roma found themselves in the knockout round. As the competition gets to the elimination stage, here’s a preview of how these teams match up in the knockout round playoffs and a fair prediction of upcoming fixtures in this round as the competition resumes.
UEFA Europa League Knockout Round Play-offs
The UEFA Europa League knockout round play-offs consist of teams that finished as runners-up in the group stage and teams that placed third in the Champions League. The teams that finished as the first in the group stage of the UEFA Europa League already have a spot in the round of sixteen. The knockout round play-offs are meant to select the teams for the remaining eight spots in the round of sixteen.
Europa League Knockout Round Play-offs Fixtures
The first leg of the knockout round fixtures was played on the 16th of February. On Thursday, 23rd of February, the second leg of these games will be played, so here are the games that promise better rewards for bettors in this elimination round of the UEFA Europa League.
- Barcelona Vs Manchester United
- Union Berlin Vs Ajax
Manchester United Vs Barcelona
Two Giants in which one found themselves in this competition due to poor performance in the Champions League and the other by its failure to win its Europa League group face-off in the knockout round. It has delivered past its expectations for a matchup that would never be thought to take place in the Europa League. Here are the previews and top predictions for our bettors.
- Manchester United was at Camp Nou for the first leg of this matchup, and the game was exciting and action-packed. At halftime at Camp Nou, the game was still scoreless despite both teams’ excellent and thrilling first-half football.
- Immediately after the break, Barcelona scored the game’s first goal with a header from Marcos Alonso, but Rashford quickly produced a spectacular, well-taken equalizer. After tying the score, United scored again shortly after, thanks to outstanding work by Rashford, whose cross into the box resulted in Jules Kounde’s own goal for Barcelona.
- United thought they were on track for their first-ever victory at Camp Nou, but Raphina, a Brazilian playmaker, leveled the score with a curving right-wing cross that eluded a horde of men.
- These two teams will again battle for a chance to book a spot in the round of sixteen. This time it will be at Old Trafford. Both teams are in commendable form. Manchester United won their weekend league encounter 3-0 against Leicester. Marcus Rashford once again was on the scoresheet with a brace, while Jadon Sancho scored the third goal. Barcelona also eased past Cadiz in their La Liga fixture. First-half goals from Sergi Roberto and Lewandowski were enough to get the job done.
Match Predictions for Manchester United Vs Barcelona
Manchester United are currently in the form of their life under Erik Ten Hag, with Barcelona set to be without midfield prodigy Gavi and electric winger Dembele; this will be a tough one for the La Liga side away from home. Barcelona showed class in the first leg, but Manchester United played a dangerous counter-attacking football. With their injury concerns, these two teams are equally matched, but Manchester United are one of the hottest teams in Europe right now, and they are the favorites in this game. The best pick here is Manchester United to win the game. The Odds for Manchester United to win, according to Stake.com, are 2.40 (decimal) and +140 (American).
Can Barça beat Manchester? Or is there an unexpected twist in the game? In order not to lose the opportunity to make a profitable bet, Free Betting Reviews offer to choose your winner and get an exclusive bonus. Don’t miss the opportunity!
Union Berlin Vs Ajax
German side Union Berlin was matched against Dutch giants Ajax in the knockout round playoffs. Union Berlin, who failed to win their Europa League group, dominated Ajax away from home at the Johan Cruijff arena. Here’s how the game went.
- Union made its knockout-round debut in this competition while Ajax played their 150th game in European competition. Union Berlin took charge of the game immediately, but their efforts were in vain because they could not take advantage of their opportunities.
- The defending Dutch champion Ajax failed to make a single shot on target during the first half. However, they stepped up in the second half as they threatened in the first few minutes into the half.
- The game’s closest scoring opportunity came from Berlin midfielder Morten Thorsby in the second half when a goal was disallowed for handball by VAR. Following Thursday’s second leg at the Stadion An der Alten Försterei will be a winner-take-all affair for both teams.
Ajax has found success in European football, and they are fit to be a top contender for the Europa League title this season. Union Berlin is also a different team this season; they are boldly contending for the German Bundesliga title as they are on level points with Bayern Munich and Dortmund. They played out a goalless draw against Schalke 04 in their weekend fixture; meanwhile, Ajax won by four goals to nil against Rotterdam in their weekend Eredivisie fixture.
Union Berlin Vs Ajax Predictions
There’s everything to play for at the Stadion An der Alten Försterei. Ajax looked back to their best in their last league outing, while Berlin had problems in front of the goal in their previous game. Now it’s two games in a row without a goal for Berlin. This will be a close game, Ajax head into the game as the underdog, but they have quite the history in European competition, and with their experience, they can pull off the upset. The odds for Ajax to win, according to Stake.com, are 3.25 (decimal) and +225 (American).
The two games mentioned above stand out in the upcoming second-leg round of fixtures and will be the most exciting ones to watch. Follow Free Betting Reviews for news, previews, and predictions on European football.
FanAdvice – your Private Sports Betting Club
Welcome to FanAdvice, where sports enthusiasm meets strategic insight, creating the ultimate Private Sports Betting Club experience. Are you ready…
Eurocups week: Big preview
Welcome to the Eurocups Week: Big Preview, where the UEFA Club competitions resume for matchday five after an intense international…
Big preview of UEFA Euro 2024 qualifying matches
Football fans across Europe are looking forward to the Euro 2024 qualifiers with excitement and anticipation. As always, these meetings…
Eurocups football week: Big preview on 2nd week of November
As the calendar turns to the second week of November, the European football stage is set for an exhilarating display…